Sunday, February 17, 2013

Swallowtail and Shaving Cream Scrapbook Pages

When I attended my very first Stampin' Up! workshop about 8 years ago, the demonstrator (my future upline) told me that if I dreamed about stamping, I was hooked. Well, guess what? I dreamed about stamping that night, and many more nights to come! I still occasionally have "stampin' dreams". In my latest dream, I made scrapbook pages that combined the beautiful Swallowtail Butterfly stamp and the Shaving Cream technique. Once I woke up, I could hardly wait to start creating! The result will be the pages we'll make in my March Scrapbooking Class. Here they are:


To make these pages you'll need:
  • Stamps: Swallowtail and Vintage Verses (Sale-a-Bration)
  • Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, and Gumball Green
  • Ink: VersaMark and Whisper White Craft
  • Accessories: Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Ink Refills (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango), Big Shot, Tasteful Trim die, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Pearls, Large Pearls, Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, and Glue Dots
To do the Shaving Cream technique: Spray out a large pile of shaving cream (yep, regular, cheap shaving cream) onto a cookie sheet or other large tray. Drop different ink colors randomly all over the shaving cream. Gently swirl the ink into the shaving cream with a craft stick (don't mix it completely; you still want to see distinct colors). Lay the Whisper White cardstock onto the shaving cream and press lightly (you might want to wear rubber gloves for this part!). Lift up the cardstock and wipe off the shaving cream with paper towels. It's a messy job, but the results are totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment